Anthony-Dean Miles Weiss

babies

Katherine Emma Weiss

baby

Cyrus Jordan Weiss

babies

anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

August 23, 2010

2 kids later...

So I have decided I am SOOO not one of those women who can have a kid and within a week or less look perfect again. I have never been skinny but according to some research by someone the average woman in the us is like a 14. So for quite a few years I was average, I can deal with that but after 2 kids it has put a toll on my body. Seeing pictures of myself now and looking in the mirror is so utterly depressing. After being in the hospital and having my gallbladder removed it was a major wake up call. I have had to change my diet to low fat or deal with the consequences. I have enjoyed eating healthier and have felt a lot better. The next step to eating healthier is exercising. So I bought myself a video because trying to get to a gym is near impossible not just because of 2 kids but also cause the only one here in Cortez is Curves and I don't have a double jogging stroller so I cant really go on walks or runs that easily with the kids. I am not going to admit how much I weigh but I am wanting to lose 40lbs. So I am going to help keep myself on track by admitting my progress on here. One of my friends has set his goal 10 lbs at a time which I think is a lot better of an idea. 40 seem huge compared to 10 so 4 sets of 10 will be a whole lot easier, I hope. The only problem right now is I need to get a scale so until then I will go by how my clothes fit. If I can get myself back into clothes I wore when Adam and I were dating I will be ecstatic and again I will be back to the "average" woman. If I have to go buy new smaller pants that would be like the greatest!!! But the most important thing is for me to be healthy so I can be with my kids as long as possible.

Day 1: the video was a lot harder then I thought it was going to be. I thought I would be able to do all 3 levels and be tired but not struggle to much. It was very disapointing to get through level 1 and be exhausted.

I will get there. It is NOT an option.

2 comments:

bjahlstrom said...

I am totally with you, Megan, except I don't have the justifiable excuse of having carried and delivered and nursed babies! When I start up on my excercise video again, it kills me. The thing that helps me, honestly, is just knowing that no matter how hard it is, it is doing my body good, and I only have to last 30 minutes. After that, I'm done for the day, you know? The point isn't to master the video or its exercises; the point is to get your heart rate up so the cardio is doing your body good! GREAT JOB! I feel you! I really do!

Amber said...

A video is a great idea! I have been anxious to get back to my prebaby belly, or even more than that, but I don't erally have a chance to get away. I'll have to see if I can find one of my old videos. :) Kyle goes to the gym every day now, and I wish I had the freedom to go do that. :( Good luck!