So it has been 3 weeks since Adam has been on his job site in Colorado. He was able to come home last weekend for a very short trip but we enjoyed all of it. He wasn't able to fly in till 10:30 Friday night and had to be back to the airport at 3 Sunday afternoon. He has been dealing with cold, snow, and very strong wind gusts where he is at. This last week 3 semi trucks blew over in 3 consecutive days and because of how strong the wind is they are still there. Here in Phoeinix we have had fluctuating weather. We had a week were it was in the mid to upper 90's then we have been between the 70's and 80's other days mainly depending on what kind of storm is to the north of us in Utah. The kids and I are enjoying it here and even though we haven't ventured out much to explore. I am waiting for a calm week to do so. This last Monday I was having issues feeling the baby move so my midwife immediately sent me over to the hospital to be check out. So again I called the RS president and became the ward charity case. I ended up being on the monitor for 3 hrs to see what was going on with the heart beat and fetal movement. Everything turned out fine, mainly the only concern was my blood pressure was high, they just think the last few weeks I have been under to much stress. Not sure what I think of that. 2 extremely sick kids, no husband around, brand new state, not having to many people I know here. Maybe that could cause some stress. So I have been ordered to take it easy if that is even possible with 2 kids under 3 and ordered to gain some weight or at least quit losing. I have lost 10 lbs in the last month which shouldn't happen during pregnancy. So with about 9 weeks left I am starting to get nervous. Its a little daunting to think of having 3 kids under 3 and in a lot of ways be on my own. The RS president told me not to worry or feel bad about calling for help because the ward is ready and willing to help and the people who are in the certain positions to provide assistance understand I am in a different position then most people and will require it. I kinda felt bad when she was saying this to me. I don't want to be the charity case or the person who is always in need of assistance. I do understand that most people don't have the situation I do but I hate not being independent.
This last week Katie look at CJ and then turned to me and said "I don't like him" this blew me away. So I said she should love her brother and asked her why she doesn't like him. She just repeated "I don't like him" and followed up with "I want a new brother" Well I guess its good she is getting a new brother but I just thought it was pretty funny what she said. Another one from over the weekend when Adam was home she got really frustrated and came up to me and said in a very distressed upset tone "Oh Jesus!" This one really surprised Adam and I. I really tried not to laugh and asked her where she had learned to say that. She looked at Adam then looked at me and in the most innocent tone of voice responded "Church" We both cracked up and couldn't believe it. How are you supposed to punish a child who is not quite 3 for saying that?
Well here are some pictures of the kids from the last week. As you can tell peanut butter is Katie's favorite thing.





1 comment:
Your kids are too cute!
Megan, allow people the opportunity of serving you. We all love the feeling of self-sufficiency and independence, but your ward will have more unity because people are called on to help!
When the days of young children and a husband away are long behind you, you will be the most helpful person to others who are in the situation you are in now. You won't want them to say "no" to your help, because who better to help them than you?
Just remember that this will be the case in the future, when you are feeling awkward now. They want to help you, and I'm one hundred percent sure they don't see you as the "ward charity case."
Post a Comment