So last week was a really long week. On Monday morning I got really sick right before Adam had to go to work. As the morning hours went by I got even sicker. My neighbor came and grabbed Katie and took her over to her house so I could take a nap to see if it made me feel better. After 2 hours I was feeling even worse so I decided I needed to drive myself to the hospital, not a smart idea. I got CJ in the car and drove the short drive but what seemed like forever to the hospital. Once I got to the hospital I just sat in my car and yelled for help, again I shouldn't of drove myself. Thankfully a man was walking thru the parking lot and went and got a nurse in the ER for me. She came out and brought CJ and I in. After a few minutes they got my pain and nausea under control and started to determine what was wrong. My neighbor who had originally grabbed Katie had no idea what was going on and had passed her on to another woman in the ward to watch.
*Side note
My Aunt from Monticello, 60 miles from Cortez, had been coordinating the people to get Katie and CJ to help me until she got there. I had only met my neighbor once and had never met the woman who my neighbor passed them on to until my aunt got to town. Also CJ had only breastfed up until this all happened so he had to learn how to take a bottle and formula and had no choice in the matter.
While I was in the hospital the woman from my ward who had Katie came and got CJ. Heavenly Father blessed me with CJ while I was at the hospital. He hadn't eaten for over 4 hrs, normal he eats ever 2-3, but while I was there yelling and as sick as could be he just sat there smiling and cooing. They took me to get an ultrasound and determined I had gallstone pancreatitis. After only 3 hrs in the ER which I think is extremely fast they admitted me to the ICU. So I was stuck in the ICU with my kids with my aunt and uncle who they only met once, Adam out of town till the end of the week, no insurance and in a town where I really knew 1 person fairly well. On Tuesday the woman who I am in a play group with and really the only person I know in Cortez took the kids, she has a 2 1/2 yr old and a 6 month old, and kept them till Wednesday when my biological mother who the kids also didn't know that well came in to town from Arkansas. Tuesday they moved me out of the ICU and put me in MED SURG and I waited till Saturday to have my gallbladder removed. Adam arrived into town on Thursday night to help my mom with the kids and to help me feel a lot more at peace about everything that was going on. So Saturday morning I went into surgery and with Heavenly Fathers healing was able to come home that night and have been trying my best to get back into my normal routine with the kids and to start feeling back to normal. It is definitely going to take me some time but I am so happy to be home with my kids. So that was my week last week. I am so happy to be home and I look forward to never having to do that again. I am so grateful to have been blessed with such an amazing ward here in Cortez. I have only been here a month have never met some of the people who have been helping me since last week but would not have made it with out their help. The Lord definitely doesn't send us through our trials alone and will pave the way for everything to be taken care of.




4 comments:
Meg.. I'm glad you're ok and they were able to figure out what was causing you so much pain! I've also heard that when you move far away from home that your ward becomes like your family- it sounds like that's true. I hope you recover well and quickly!!
Wow...I am SO glad you are ok!! That sounds terrible, and so scary. How blessed to have people like that surrounding you. That is my favorite thing about living far away, the people that come to your aid and that you get to help in return, well, it's all just priceless! I hope you continue to heal!
I totally believe in ward family support! I'm so glad for that, and I am very happy you are okay.
I'm happy that you have been blessed with a ward that cares for you and your family. I wish I were able to be closer to help you out. That is no fun. I was having flashbacks to kidney stones as I was reading that. I hope you continue to heal well. Love you!
Post a Comment