Our weekend started off very rough. At 5am Friday Katie decided she wanted to get up. She was very cuddly as I held her to try to get her to bed and then the next thing I know she starts to throw up. This continued every 30 minutes or so from just before 6am till 2pm. Nothing is sadder then seeing your little 18 month old daughter throwing up. She was so confused by it all and tried so hard not to. We got her up to her pediatrician around 12:30 and tried to narrow down what it could be. We were praying we wouldn't have to admit her into the ER for dehydration or something worse. It seems as though it was just an extreme case of the flu. After sitting in the office for about 2 hours monitoring her the Dr gave us a prescription for Zofran, an Anti nausea medication. Adam went down to the pharmacy and got it and once she had it in her system the vomiting stopped. We said our prayers of gratitude for that. Within 30 minutes of taking the medicine she was back to her normal self. It has now been about 24 hours since her last time of being sick and she is recovering. Her appetite is far from being back to normal, she wears out quickly but she is happy. As a mom I hate seeing her sick and I wish I wouldn't have to ever see it again but I know I have quite a few more years of not just seeing her sick but Cyris and any other kids Adam and I have.
Here is a picture of her sitting in the pediatricians office.

Next post will be after I have Cyris.... Whenever he decides to come into this world.




1 comment:
I am just so excited for you guys! I can't believe it is so close!
Post a Comment