So now that both kids are asleep I have a few minutes to give more details about Cyrus. Cyrus wasn't due to come into our family till February 7. Adam and I were very worried that he would come while Adam had to attend a class in Vernal on Feb 1-2, which almost happened. Adam called me when he was leaving Vernal on the 2nd and I told him I was having inconsistent contraction, about 15-20 minutes apart, so I explained to him not to rush since its around a 2 1/2 hr drive. When he got home it was about 3:30 pm and my contractions were 7-9 minutes apart and getting stronger. So we knew we would be headed to the hospital within a few hours. By 8pm that night they were 4-5 minutes apart and still getting stronger. So my mom came and got Katie and we left. Out of excitement Adam was speeding on the way even though I told him it was no rush, so when we got to the hospital my blood pressure was border line preeclampsia. We got into our room and I started walking to continue to help out with labor. After a few hours they decided to put me on Pitocin to help strengthen my contractions to help me dialate. By about 5 am my Pitocin was set to a very high level and my contractions were 30 seconds apart and lasting 60 to 90 seconds. Because of the issues with Katie in delivery I wanted to go without an epidural as long as possible. So during this stage I was getting very tired. I went from a 5-10cm within 15 min and then got my epidural. I was able to take a break once I received the epidural before the pressure to push was to much. So at 6:30 am I started to push. I pushed for a little over 2 hours till Cyrus came. It was an amazing experience for both Adam and I. With Katie there were a lot of complications and I had to have an emergency C-section and because of further complications within the hospital Adam wasn't able to be there. Cyrus was completely different. Adam never left my side, he was hoping to catch his son but my midwife was doing her best to prevent me from tearing so he wasn't able to but he did cut the cord. Both of us were in tears, even my midwife started to tear up because she knew what a traumatic experience it was bringing Katie into the world and Cyrus came without any complications.

The reason I had to have a C-section with Katie was because she had a short umbilical cord. It was a completely different story with Cyrus. My midwife said she hasn't ever seen one as long as his. So Adam had to take a picture of it.

Here is Katie the first time she met him. She is so cute with him. She constantly takes out her binki to kiss him, she always wants to help change his diaper and wrap him up in his blankets. I was very concerned how well she would handle it all being only 18 months old but she is so great with him.

.jpg)
Cyrus and Daddy taking a nap


1 comment:
Your two kids are just so cute together. Katie looks like a very proud sister! Congratulations, you guys!
Post a Comment